Wednesday, March 14

Deployment Day





This was the day daddy left. Mommy and I spent time with him throughout the night in his office and had to kiss him goodbye at 4:00am. I was awake for most of the time and, if I don't say so myself, was quite a well-behaved baby. No crying, just talking and smiles. Even though mommy thought I was up for the day, I fell asleep in the car on the way home and slept until 10:00.

You'll see that I woke up my usual sweet self with smiles from ear to ear. After I got my morning bottle and a clean pair of britches I realized that last night was not just a dream but that this was the beginning of a long deployment away from the daddy. Thus, the second picture. I miss him so much already! He is my hero and is a great leader of his Marines. As they say... Semper Fidelis.

Max and I have big plans for keeping mommy busy for the next seven months. A lot of visits with family and support from friends. Please keep us all in your prayers. I plan to pray for daddy every night, although mommy says she can't understand what I'm saying. Don't know why because it makes perfect sense to me!



6 comments:

Grandma said...

Dear Katie,

You are not alone in missing and loving your daddy. He is indeed a hero! I will join my prayers to yours for his safety and for his effectiveness as a Marine.

In the meantime, I know you will do your best to continue to grow and develop and to become the best little girl you can be; so that, when daddy comes back, he will see that you are a real credit to him and to your mommy.

Love,

Grandma

auntie shell said...

Dear Katie (turtle)
I just wanted you to that we too miss and love your Daddy very much! We will join with you and mommy in praying for your Daddy. I also want you to know that we love him very much and can't wait for his safe return. You know when he was alittle boy, Grandmother Blackford used to tell me how I would watch and guard your daddy each night when he would sleep. Well now God is watching over him and will bring him home soon and safe. I want you to know also that you are the best marine daughter a father could have and I know he is and will always be proud of you.I hope that you are taking care of mommy and making her behave. Just know that we love you and mommy very much and will always be here for you both.
WE LOVE YOU KATIE AND MOMMY
LOVE AUNTIE SHELL

Gram and Pop said...

Your Daddy has many friends, relatives and neighbors praying for him and his Marines and they are always in our thoughts. I'm certain your Daddy will get a lot of mail while he is gone and everyone will tell him just how sweet and pretty you are.

Gram wants you to come spend time with us, but your mommy and Max need your company right now. We are looking forward to picture updates so we can share them with family and friends and it gives Gram some bragging material, if she doesn't already have plenty.

Take care of your Mommy and Max. We are all so very proud of your daddy. Love, Gram and Poppy

Teresa said...

Hi Katie,

This is your big cousin Teresa. You sure are the cutest baby ever. I know you and mommy are missing daddy, and I'll be praying for his safe return home.

I hope you and mommy come to see Gram and Poppy real soon, so I can hold you and kiss your cute face.

Love ya

Teresa

auntie shell said...

hey turtle katie,
I am glad to hear that your daddy got to his destination okay. I love your telephone do you think I could call daddy on that phone. Are you teething alot? I can't wait for you to talk, what converstions you will have with everyone.
LOVE AUNTIE SHELL

auntie shell said...

Ms. Katie,
Auntie shell just wanted to take a minute to say hello and That I love your picture of you and max at the beach. I wish I was there because its cold here in in virginia. But I want you to know that Aunti shell, Lauren and uncle Russ will be out to see you this summer. I was glad to hear that your daddy called! what did you too talk about? I am glad he's okay,when he calls again tell him we all love and miss him. I know that he'll be home soon. I am very proud of your daddy.
Love Auntie Shell