Tuesday, May 1

May Day


Now that I'm getting the hang of this sitting thing, I'm really enjoying myself. I was even able to sit and play with some of my toys with mommy this afternoon without tipping over too much. It really wore me out but was tons of fun.

Mommy was sharing with me what fun she used to have on May Day when she was little. The kids in the neighborhood would put flowers on their mommy's doorstep, ring the doorbell and run. The flowers were anything from daffodils picked from someones yard to dandelions. Grandma always put them in a special vase no matter what kind they were and pretended she didn't know who had left them for her.

1 comment:

RMs at the Village said...

Katie,
I had forgotten about the May Day fun we used to have. Thank your mommy for the reminiscing!

Auntie